Friday, March 18, 2011

Weekend Playlist #1

Bro and I were relaxing together at our favorite market, Morgan and York, when Otis Redding came over the speakers and got Bro swaying, croissant in hand.  I have not, I admit sheepishly, listened to Redding in a very long time, and I was once more moved by the power channelled in such an unassuming melody as "(Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay".

Otis Redding only lived for 26 years, but the music he made in that time is irreplaceable.  I went home and dug through my old records for some other recordings to play for Bro.  This list is my dedication to Mr. Redding, and the other amazing performers who changed the way we, or least I, listen to music!


1.     I’ve Got Dreams to Remember, Otis Redding
2.     A Change is Gonna Come, Sam Cooke
3.     (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher & Higher, Jackie Wilson
4.     I’ll Take You There, The Staple Singers
5.     Midnight Train to Georgia, Gladys Knight & The Pips
6.     Into the Mystic, Van Morrison
7.     Let’s Stay Together, Al Green
8.     Lay, Lady Lay, Bob Dylan
9.     What’s Going On, Marvin Gaye
10. You Don’t Know Me, Ray Charles
11. Sittin’ On the Dock of the Bay, Otis Redding


No comments:

Post a Comment